• Processing ticket orders for individual sales, subscriptions and ACTPass membership
• Maintaining ACT’s patron databases in Tessitura
• Handling will call on performance nights
• Representing ACT as the first line of contact for patrons
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong customer service skills. Ticket office experience or other arts organization a plus
• Computing skills: Microsoft Office, database management. Tessitura experience a plus
• The ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
• A passion for theatre and the arts
To apply: This is a part-time position, 15-25 hours per week. The position will be open until filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Scott Herman, Customer Service Manager
Please include in the subject line: first and last name, as well as “Ticket Office Representative”
No phone calls or drop-ins, please
ACT is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in all aspects of its programming and organization.
Posted: Sep 23, 2016
Reports to: Director of Finance
Classification: Full Time
ACT seeks an individual to serve as the Senior Accountant and bring their excellent accounting, communication, and people skills to ACT’s innovative and creative work environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Download, upload and post daily cash receipts and postings from the ticketing/donor management system (Tessitura) into the accounting system (Abila/MIP).
- Process monthly credit card statements.
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts.
- Track and post A/R, employee receivables, and miscellaneous revenue.
- Make journal entries and transaction reclassifications, as required.
- Document processes and tasks as needed.
- Provide back up for payroll and A/P functions.
- Perform periodic reconciliations of all general ledger accounts, including bank and investment accounts, loans, between ticketing and accounting systems, and co-production settlements.
- Perform annual statutory reporting.
- Assist with monthly board reporting and update reporting format as required.
- Produce departmental reports as required and requested.
- Perform financial analysis.
- Track, calculate, and settle co-production shows and calculate royalty payments.
- Assist with preparation of annual audit schedules and support auditors while on-site
Educational: BA Degree required, CPA desired
Experience: 2-3 years not-for-profit accounting and financial management experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Hands-on experience with Abila (MIP) or similar fund accounting software
- Hands-on experience with Tessitura or similar Customer Relationship Management system
- Proficiency with Excel
- High degree of attention to detail
- Independent problem solving skills
- Experience supporting fieldwork for independent auditors
To Apply: Please send a current resumé and cover letter (required) stating how your qualifications, experience, and career goals are a match for this position to:
Sheila Smith, Finance Director
Subject Line: Your Last Name, Senior Accountant
Applications requested by 3/15/17.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or physical mailings please. Position is open until filled.
ACT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from diverse ethnicities, race, and backgrounds.
Posted Feb 13, 2017