Department: Audience Services
Reports to: Audience Services Manager
Classification: Part Time
Objectives: To maintain ACT’s excellent customer service to our patrons attending productions in our venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as an assistant to the House Manager.
• Work as an official Greeter in our main Union St. Lobby.
• Aid in facilitating seating and providing patrons with excellent customer service.
• Assist Front of House Staff with day of show tasks as needed.
• Assimilate quickly into our Front of House team.
• Must have at least High School diploma or the equivalent.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able to handle stressful situations with a calm and professional demeanor.
• Candidate will have good judgment, a sense of humor, and passion for the arts.
• Have availability on nights and weekends.
This is a part-time position, 15-25 hours per week. The position will be open until filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Jeremy Rupprecht, Audience Services Manager
Please include in the subject line: first and last name, as well as “House Staff”
No phone calls or drop-ins, please
ACT is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in all aspects of its programming and organization.
Posted August 8, 2016
Reports to: Production Manager
Classification: Full Time
Summary: ACT seeks an Assistant Production Manager to ensure that the productions presented through the ACTLab succeed within the constraints of available schedule, labor, and budget parameters.
This position will serve as the production department liaison to the artistic, development and marketing departments on production related special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with Production Manager, create and maintain annual budget for the ACTLab, including regular forecasting and reporting to ACT finance department.
• Once programming is confirmed, facilitate the needs of ACTLab Productions throughout the rehearsal, load-in, technical rehearsals, previews, run and strike/load-out of each production or event.
- Draft individual show budgets and contracts for Lab Partners.
- Develop tech and performance schedules for Lab Productions, with attention to ACT IATSE agreements and Actors Equity Association.
- In collaboration with the Stage Operations Supervisor, determine staffing needs for Lab Productions.
- Track Production costs. Complete settlement reports and invoices as needed.
- Attend tech rehearsals and previews to serve as a liaison between ACT and Partner Artists to maintain high quality productions and strong collaborations.
• Create and maintain ACT space layout calendar.
• Serve as the production department liaison to the development and marketing departments to facilitate production needs special events. Serve as Stage Manager for the ACT Gala.
• Maintain ACT Events Schedule, in coordination with Events and Venue Manager.
• Coordinate with the Facilities and Production Departments to keep the Bullitt Cabaret and Eulalie Scandiuzzi Space clean and maintained
• BA in theatre with emphasis is Theatre Production preferred, but will be waived based on commensurate experience.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in production management
• Strong knowledge and experience in theatrical and event production.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Experience creating and maintaining budgets.
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to work in a team environment in order to fulfill the artistic and production needs of each production.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge and experience working with unions (IATSE and AEA (LORT and SPT contract), SDC, and USA).
• Problem solving and ability to work independently within deadlines to successfully complete objectives with minimal guidance.
To apply: This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Resumes accepted through September 11. Position starts October 17. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Alyssa Byer, Production Manager
Please include in the subject line: first and last name, as well as “Assistant Production Manager”
No phone calls or drop-ins, please
ACT is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in all aspects of its programming and organization. ACT is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women
Posted August 18, 2016