ACT provides professional development opportunities within several departments at different times during the year: Development and Fundraising, Board Relations, Marketing and Communications, Education, Production, Artistic and Literary, Events, and Finance and Administration. ACT has multiple internships that become available throughout the year, so please check back for more opportunities.
ACT is currently searching for the following internship positions (position descriptions are spelled out below):
- Marketing Intern: applications due by Dec 23, 2016.
To apply for an internship at ACT, please email a cover letter and resume, titling the subject line with your last name and the internship you are interested in (Last Name, Position) to ACTinterns@acttheatre.org. No phone calls please.
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Hours: 20 hours per week for 4–6 months, beginning in late January.
The marketing intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing, Communication, and Sales Department in implementing ACT’s overall marketing plan to build awareness about ACT within the community, and to increase attendance and ticket sales.
- Assist in the implementation of promotional campaigns and communications
- Assist with the distribution of ACT promotional materials in the community and in the building
- Manage the ticket donation request program and coordinate ticket giveaways to social service and community groups that encourage cultural participation while also driving ticket sales
- Assist with drafting of e-communications in Constant Contact
- Assist with Encore Arts Program publications for each Mainstage show as well as programs for ACTLab productions
- Assist with organization of department archive files
- Manage event listings on internal and external calendars
- Research promotional opportunities to gain additional exposure to target audiences
- General marketing support as assigned
- Ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Tessitura, and/or Constant Contact is a plus
- Interns should be available for at least 20 hours a week
- Great introduction and experience in marketing and communications, advertising, and copywriting, cultivation and relationship management, and other aspects of marketing and the theatre industry
- ACTPass Membership for one year
- Class credit (if applicable)
- Resume builder
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter stating your qualifications and interest in the position to ACTinterns@acttheatre.org. No phone calls, drop-ins, or physical mailings please.